Friday 6 July 2007

Ras Babi plays (8) Darfur-Darfor judgment day

Saturday, January 28, 2006

He carries the prison inside his heart. Sleepless nights conquer his bed, he is full of dreams, but his dreams are horrible, his life is dominated by one matter which build his present and future life. A real matter that took place during his childhood and became the main dream of every night.
once he was a child of five years old, it was summer time the sun at that time was very close to the people, you could touch it if you want, one day the family heard someone at the door
The Grandmother asked her sons and her daughters and their children to keep quite,

she mourned to herself: is a police man!!! Holly God be with...
A police man: open the door, I heard you I have an order
The Grandmother: (from behind the door) God protect, you have an order, an order for what!!!
A police man: open the door old woman.

[the Grandmother opened the door]


The whole family is thrown to the street without mercy, with all what life gave, his mother, her two children, her four brothers, her two sisters and the grandmother...

police man said: Do not forget, beside the court decision, this house is mine, what do you think? Do you think you can live in a house for free? If I were in your place, I will have some honour and go and look for an other place....
his words were directed to the adults and to the children, he wanted them to be fixed in their minds forever and he did succeed.
This was yesterday, today the whole place does not belong to the people anymore and they are forced to have some honour and look for an other home, the government is using The Janjaweed and the soldiers to expel everyone from their ancient land ...

he is talking to a friend for the first time, he says:

HE: my live looks different now, but still the prison is in my heart.
since I was a child I have this feeling, I was never thinking of leaving my home, I thought my life will end there...

A FRIEND: your story is very similar to mine.

HE: I know, that is why I'm talking to you, I think you understand what I'm saying.

A FRIEND: I do understand. Tomorrow is an important day, try to have a sleep.

HE: yes, I hope tomorrow will never come.


When tomorrow comes, we will stand in front of a judge, if we are lucky our judge will have a soul.............................

A JUDGE: Do you understand? Our authority is accusing you of lying, you understand what does that mean?
HE: yes, I do understand you, majesty.

A JUDGE: Can you tell me your name ?

HE: my name is ABURAMUSJOHNRAMSEES.

A JUDGE: long name, is that your real name?

HE: is the last name I use.

A JUDGE: you did not tell the authority your real story?

HE: my real story is worse than the one I told them.

A JUDGE: so you lied. It is easy to lie.

HE: I did not lied, I just mentioned what I remembered, I have memories I always carry them with me. My story happened in the past, it is not easy.

A judge: you have deportation.

HE: it is un believable.

A JUDGE: we will send you back home.

HE: I have no home, the land is different, they have no place for me, they never had, they want me lost, killed, away from them any way.

{ the judge stood up, he looks to the right and to the left then he says}:

A JUDGE: FUCK OFF!!! FUCK OFF!!! I quit this job................

[he leaves]

No comments: