Friday 6 July 2007

Ras Babi plays (3) soul mate - hot like coffee

Friday, January 13, 2006

A play/ soul mate - hot like coffee

Scene1:
They love him so much, they love the way he talks, the way he comes and goes, the way he walks, they love the way he stands and the way he sits.
billions of words are written, sung and are read in his name and because of him.
Who is he ?
who are they ?
Are you one of them ?
Am I one of them ?


He is new in the nervous small city, yesterday he was somewhere else, tomorrow he doesn't know.
more people want to meet with him, they say he is good soul, he does miracles, he can heals the great fever, he is the best adviser. You will be lucky if you meet with him, he is like smoke, is invisible, but for some he is clear, he is our friend, let me introduce him;

in a small bar in our mentioned city a voice of a wonderful woman is clear



The woman: my goodness, have you seen that one who just got in.

A woman: Where ? Who ?

The woman: There...

A woman: don't point with your finger, I know what you mean, the one with the long hair

The woman: No, the one with a real tail not a fake one.



A woman: Not a fake, a real tail, you are joking.

The woman: Iam not joking with you, I REALLY MEAN IT A REAL LONG TAIL.



A woman: I do not believe you.

The woman: Go and have a look, he is talking to the waiter, ask for more drink.

A woman: I know what you mean, the one who is in black.

The woman:Right, you can touch it if you felt like.

A woman: you lost your mind.

[A woman leaves the table, she walks very shyly to the bar, when she is close to the waiter, the stranger is just left, she couldn't see the face, she saw his back, she put her hands in her mouth trying to stop the words coming out of it]

she shouts:

A woman: my goodness, she is right, he has a Tai...

The waiter: Are you alright. Can I help you ?



[A woman, doesn't know what to do or say. She couldn't finish the word]

[she went back to where she was sitting before]

The woman: Did you see it ?

A woman: I did not see his face. Who is he ? Is he human ?

The woman: you felt like touching it ?

A woman:Do you know him ? Is he human ? What about the others, they say nothing...

The woman: Relax, they will think you lost your mind.

A woman: I am relaxed, tell me, Who is he ?

The woman: you are lucky you saw him.

A woman: What do you mean ?

The woman: you were not dreaming...

A woman: What are you saying ? You mean I am the only one who saw him ?

The woman: Yes, my dear, just you and I saw him, let us go.

A woman: wait, I am coming.

[light turned off]

scene2:

after hours The friend and A friend enter the same place, they choose the same table, the waiter comes to them .

Waiter: Good evening, sir. Can I help you ? Food, drinks ? Here you have the menu, call me, when you ready.

The friend: Good evening. Can we have coffee a friend of mine told me you have the best coffee in the city.

A friend: make them two, two expreso with two glasses of water if you do not mind young man.

Waiter: {laughing} so, two of our best coffee for the gentlemen.

The friend: thank you.

A friend: thank you.

[The waiter leaves them]

A friend: so as I was saying: she hurt me, I saw her last night, she acted as we do not know eathother.

The friend: women are like that.

A friend: like what ?

The friend: they are heartless.

A friend: Am I stupid ? I do not understand you.

The friend:I mean they can change very quickly.

A friend: NO, No. She did not change, she was just acting. I do not think she is going out with another man.

The friend: Are you sure ?

A friend: Yes I am. I know her very well.

The friend: Oh yeah. I knew her before you.

A friend: So what ?

The friend: I want to say: the same thing happened to me before you. I thought she would never leave me.

A friend: I am in love, but I don't want to be a slave. She is not like the others.

The friend: I mean she has things the others don't have.

A friend: like what?

The friend: I mean, she is very hot!

{Waiter returns:}

Waiter: two hot coffees and two glasses of water sir...

A friend: very hot..?

Waiter: very hot, sir.

The friend: (addressing to the waiter): um...Do you know her? Were you not listening to us?

Waiter: Excuse me sir? I mean the coffee is very hot...I heard you asking me...

A friend: No problems, no problems at all..Thank you for your service young man.

The friend: I am sorry young man.

Waiter: It is OK, it is alright (he leaves from the table)

A friend: I didn't mean hot like coffee, she is special...Soul mate

The friend: I know what you mean, did you try to contact her?

A friend: tonight..tonight I will invite her to come and visit me.

The friend: will you?

A friend: I think I am addicted to her.

The friend: you have to cure yourself, this love is destructive

A friend: is that your conclusion?

The friend: I am very sure

{Waiter returns}:

Waiter: I am sorry

me again,

here

you can pay later

A friend: This young man is like James Bond, he appears from nowhere.

A friend: We should be leaving, it is late

The friend: let us go (takes out his wallet)

A friend: I will pay this time!

The friend: NO, it is my turn!

A friend: no, it is mine.

The waiter: (laughing) I don't mind..

The friend: mind what?

Waiter: (Politely): Sir, you are talking to yourself all the time.

{Light turned off}.

No comments: