Friday 6 July 2007

Ras Babi plays (9) A very short play- freedom of speech for sale

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Who want to buy?

It is a cell…

One day I will dare….

I will sit in front of you, hold your hands, kiss them and tell you….

Can you tell me now?

I can not, you will not understand…

Try me

I prefer to wait

Wait for what?

I do not know…

Sit down, please sit down; I want you to sit here in front of me

I am ok here…

Sit down, do not be rude to your self, do what you feel…

I feel something and I want something different

What do you want?

I want…., I want to…

To... what...?

To…

Sit down!!!

My tongue…, something is wrong with my tongue…

Your tongue is fine…

I used to be different before the…, my tongue is…, my tongue again

{She stands, she walks to where he is standing, she stands in front of him, she says :}

Hug me; I want you to hug me…

{he spreads his arms towards her trying to hug her, he steps back, he says to her very sadly:}

The prison…, the prison, I am a free man…, I do not know why they brought me here…

Come closer I want you to hold my hands

{He moves to the left then to the right as if the ground is holding his feet, he says :}

I can not, I am scared…

{She throws her body into his, he cries…, he cries very loud, and a prison guard turns the light on and says :}

Shut up, shut up your fucking mouth or I will get in and smash it …..

[Light turned off]

No comments: